This recipe is the juiciest brisket that I have ever had. It takes a while in the oven but its so little work to prepare that it’s really worth it.
Brisket Recipe Pre- heat oven to 315*
1 box button mushrooms
1 large onion
3 tablespoons corn starch
16. oz beef stock
1 pack lipton’s onion soup mix
1. Cut up the mushrooms and onion, saute in olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat until nicely browned. Set aside.
2. Dry of the brisket with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and coat with corn starch.
3. In the same pan that you browned the onions and mushrooms on a med high heat brown the outside of the brisket.
4. Put the browned brisket into a deep sided aluminum pan, add the beef stock and the lipton’s onion soup mix, top with the sauteed mushrooms and onions.
5. Add water until the liquid is almost to the top of the brisket. Cover with tin foil.
6. Cook for 45 minutes for every pound of meat.
7. 1 hour before serving take the brisk take it out of the pan and cut against the grain, put the brisket back into the juices for the next hour so that it reabsorbs the liquids.