Fall and apples, go together so perfectly especially when you add the rich flavors of honey, ginger, and cinnamon. Here’s another delicious recipe that just epitomizes fall. This Apple Honey Bundt cake is rich and moist, I recommend serving it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
3 apples peeled, cored, and shredded
3/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup confectioners sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
2.In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and oil. Beat in the eggs until light and fluffy, stir in the honey and vanilla, ginger.
3.Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Gently stir into the batter just until moistened. Fold in the apples and nuts.
5. Bake for 50 to 65 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the crown comes out clean. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate and tapping out of the pan.
6. Let cool.
7. For the glaze mix together the milk and vanilla.
8. Mix the powdered sugar into the milk mixture. If it is to watery add more sugar a teaspoon at a time .
9. After the cake has cooled drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake.