Glazed Apple Cookies are delicious, and so simple to make. You can use any type of apple that you have on hand, but tart green apples add an extra kick to these warm and slightly chewy cookies. The spices used in the recipe create a rich and savory flavors that epitomize fall. You’ll find yourself wanting nothing more than to sit in front of a fireplace, reading a great book, with a plate of these magnificent cookies.
Glazed Apple Cookies
Pre-Heat oven to 400*
1/2 cup butter room temperature
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup pealed cored and finely diced apples
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 tablespoons milk
1. Cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in 1 egg and blend thoroughly.
3. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
4. Gently stir half of dry mixture into the creamed butter, sugar, and egg.
5. Still stirring gently mix in nuts, apples, and raisins.
6. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients and the milk. Mix well.
7. Drop from a tablespoon 1 1/2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
8. Bake at 400* for 10-12 min.
9. Remove cookies to racks and while still warm spread with glaze.
To make the glaze:
1. Combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and enough milk to make the glaze a spreadable consistency.
2. Beat until smooth.
3. Spread on warm cookies