Halloween is just around the corner and I’ve been working away on my Halloween crafts. I’m making an activity books for my nephews and the other kids that will be coming to our Halloween Party. Inside, there are coloring pages, a maze, word search and more!
To create this activity book you will need:
- -4 sheets of black construction paper
- -8 coloring sheets contained in this post
- - scissors
- - spray adhesive
- - candle to burn the edges of the paper
- 2 scrapbook rivets
- rivet punch
1. Print out the coloring pages and cut them down to create a 5×5 square.
2. Cut the black construction paper down, so that you have 4 6×6 sheets. I cut my black paper all at once on a paper cutter.
3. You are now going to burn the edges of the paper. The best way to do this is to take all of the black paper hold tightly together slowly run the edge of the paper over a candle flame. Work inch by inch putting the embers out after you blow out the paper. Repeat with the activity pages.
4. Next you will be assembling all of the pages. I find it best to lay them out as you will see them in the book. Then spray the back of the coloring page with adhesive and attach it to the black paper.
5. Next, with the pages of the activity book in order, make two small holes in the left side of the book. Push the rivets through the hole with the finished side on the cover. Turn the book over and hammer the rivet into place. Repeat with the 2nd rivet.